Monday 27 January 2014

About Me

I began my working life in an office in Holborn, in central London. Every day I commuted from a modest bed-sit on the edge of Wimbledon Common. On average it took me an hour and a half to get to the office, and another hour and a half to get home again in the evening. I hated that, and I hated the tedium of the job. Pouring over endless masses of figures just wasn’t for me. However, it was a job with a reasonable salary and so I stuck with it for two years. Finally, I decided that decisive action was needed if I was to actually enjoy my adult life. So I gave up the job. I now live far from London in glorious English countryside, and I write.

The Poisoned Cup is my first published novel. It stems from my love of history and historical novels. I am a big fan of Bernard Cornwell’s books, especially the Sharpe series. When I have the spare time - something I had to largely put aside in order to write The Poisoned Cup - I love to ramble in the countryside. Ideas for further stories often come to me when I am walking in remote places.

I also enjoy travelling. In recent years I have visited various far-away places including Russia, China, Canada and the Antipodes. I love to learn about other people’s cultures, but I am always happy to return to my home in rural England.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.